Thursday, November 29, 2012

Japanese packaging

My parents just got back from a 2 week trip to Japan. They were in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, and a flash Shinkansen trip to Hakata, Fukuoka known for their Tonkotsu ramen. Japan is so beautiful this time of year with all the leaves changing to gorgeously rich fall colors, called "Koyo". They brought back some cool gifts for us and the kids and I must say I'm always impressed with the packaging.
All in all, Japanese products are always packaged so nicely. Here are a few examples....
traditional Japanese confection



How cute is this? You need to pop the balloon-like casing with a toothpick to get to the sweet goodness inside!

I love the gold and turquoise combo and the artwork reminds me of Rob Ryan's paper cut-outs.

Mustard and greys, my favorite fall time color combo! I love the Marimekko meets Japanese kimono print-like pattern design.